Friday, November 6, 2009

Airplane Mode

I'm currently writing DSD from 35,000 ft on a flight from Dallas to Little Rock. This is a first for the fledgling blog, but I felt that I couldn't leave the readers without their weekly predictions. Given the current circumstances, this will be an abridged (I know many are happy to hear this) version, brought to you in an aptly titled "Airplane Mode."

- Isnt technology great? Not only am I able to blog from mid-air, but our players will soon have state of the art facilities to break down film and create in depth game plans to take on the teams of the SEC. Thank you Jeff Long for making this happen. With these improvements, Coach Petrino will be able to do even more with his prolific offense in the coming years, which is scary to think about on many levels

- There will be lots of air time in the game that pits two offensive geniouses against each other. Unfortunately, this is going to make for a very long day for both secondaries, buti believe the Hogs will prevail. If USCE made Johnathon Crompton look good, expect Ryan Mallett to look truly Heisman. Mark my words... The campaign begins tomorrow

- I'm sitting on he plane next to someone who looks like they could be Mrs. Spurrier. Older, but has aged well, drinking vodka at 2:45 in the afternoon, and sporting a nice platinum Rolex with lots of diamonds. Which brings me to my point. I love to hate Spurrier, but without Florida recruiting he's turned into a figurehead rather than a leader. The Old Ball Coach foiled Petrino last year, and I think Coach P has a score to settle. Look for the offense to keep rolling off of last week's performance, and look for them to score early often

- Special teams will finally get the runback they've been looking for since Dennis Johnson took it 91 yds on the opening kickoff of the season. Last week they got it done with a punt block (which was subsequently shoveled into he endzone) for a TD, but this one will happen the traditional way. Dennis, I've been calling your name all season, now it's time to deliver

The last time I watched the Hogs take on South Carolina in Fayetteville, I saw the greatest rushing performance in modern SEC history. Thank you Darren McFadden for what you showed all of us that day. Hopefully tomorrow we will get to see something as special as 321, but that will be very hard to beat.

Well crew, it's time to make the final approach into Little Rock. The whiskey drink has gotten me prepared for the next 36 hours of my life, and I'm ready to finally be in God's Country. Soon enough... Soon enough!

As always, GO HOGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Brought to you By:

CT-ad